This story is from the category Libraries and Components
Date posted: 02/10/2007
(Press Release) QuantaCAD puts reality into your design software by enabling facilities digitised using laser scanning to be accessed as high-definition Laser Models and photo-realistic Laser Images.
By accessing the Digitised Facility in design software using QuantaCAD, clients have been able to decrease field trips by 90%, remodelling time by 85%, design time by 60% and design clashes by 85%.
The major new capabilities in QuantaCAD include:
* Integration with Autodesk AutoCAD, AVEVA PDMS, Intergraph PDS and Intergraph SmartPlant Review. A common, consistent interface is used across all design software to minimise training requirements.
* A toolbar in the design software to quickly access commonly used QuantaCAD commands.
* Graphical display of individual laser scan locations in the Laser Models in the design software.
* Group selections of the Laser Models in the design software that are parts of the facility being demolished.
* Clip and slice CAD models, Laser Models or both CAD models and Laser Models in the design software.
* View Laser Models in multiple selected view ports in Intergraph PDS.
Other QuantaCAD capabilities include:
* Display CAD models as solid or wireframe in the design software.
* View Laser Models with the CAD models in 3D in the design software, not as a background image or in a separate program.
* Point, distance and pipe measurements in the design software.
* QuickLoad? Laser Models around CAD models in the design software.
* Load Neighboring Laser Models in the design software.
See the full Story via external site: home.businesswire.com
Most recent stories in this category (Libraries and Components):
14/04/2013: The mathematical method for simulating the evolution of the solar system has been improved by UPV/EHU researchers