This story is from the category Conferences
Date posted: 04/06/2009
21 August 2009 - 21 August 2009
University of Geneva, Switzerland
"As machines get to be more and more like men, men will come to be more like machines" Joseph Krutch
The Swiss Center for Affective Sciences, University of Geneva is organising a one day interdisciplinary conference on Emotions and Machines. Emphasis will be particularly given to the possibility of genuinely emotional artificial agents, and the implications of such developments, as well as the benefits and hazards of emotion related technology generally. Submissions are invited of approximately 4500 words, suitable for 45 minute presentations.
Relevant issues include:
* The possibility of emotional machines.
* Whether emotions are necessary for true AI.
* The ethical implications of emotional machines.
* The emotions of human-machine interaction.
* The extension or embodiment of human emotions by machines
* The recognition of emotions by artificial systems.
See the full Story via external site: emotion-research.net
Most recent stories in this category (Conferences):
03/03/2017: ICME 2017 - Large Scale 3D Human Activity Analysis