This story is from the category World Specific Developments
Date posted: 04/01/2005
(Press Release) Sony Online Entertainment Inc. a world-wide leader in massively multiplayer onlines, today announced a new launch title for the PSP handheld entertainment system. Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade. Developed and published by SOE, Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade will be one of the few original titles developed in North America, and the only multiplayer action role-playing game available at the system's launch.
"We have assembled a top-notch development team that has worked hard to develop a completely original title for the PSP handheld system," said John Smedley, president, Sony Online Entertainment. "The dev team has tailored every feature such as the wireless multiplayer gameplay, stunning 3D graphics, and the entertaining Action RPG gameplay specifically for the PSP handheld system, and the results are absolutely spectacular. We strongly believe that Untold Legend: Brotherhood of the Blade has what it takes to be a huge success on the PSP handheld system."
With fast-paced, hack 'n slash action, randomly-generated environments, monsters and items, beautiful 3D graphics and wireless co-operative multiplayer gameplay, Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade offers a compelling, on-the-go gameplay experience never before seen on a handheld gaming device. Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade introduces four customisable playable races: an original storyline; co-operative multiplayer gameplay via the PSP handheld system's Wi-Fi feature; easy simplified controls that offer depth of gameplay without complexity; and beautiful, vibrant environments that take full advantage of the PSP handheld system's technical capabilities.
About Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade
Journey to a world beyond the realms of imagination and engage in battles to save Aven, a timeless city of safe haven and the last remaining stronghold of Good in a world of Evil. As a dark threat looms and a gathering of unknown forces grows stronger, heroes have been called and the Brotherhood of the Blade has been formed. It is up to you and your chosen brothers to unravel the mysteries of this looming peril. Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade offers on-the-go action-RPG combat, intense multiplayer battles and a completely original adventure for you to uncover.
* Action RPG: Wield your blade and cast powerful spells in this action-packed, hack 'n slash RPG exclusively for the PSP handheld system.
* Epic Adventure: Create a unique hero and set out into the wilds of Unataca to battle powerful creatures, save your city of Aven from imminent extinction and unravel the mysteries of a looming peril.
* Wireless Multiplayer Gameplay: A wireless multiplayer mode features gameplay through the PSP handheld system's wireless feature. Connect directly with multiple PSP handheld systems for the ultimate in hack 'n slash action with no wires!
* Four Playable Character Classes: Select from four unique character classes including an ancient order of valiant Knights, a foundation of brilliant Alchemists, an order of noble Druids, and a race of feral hunters known as the Berserkers. Each character class has unique fighting abilities or magical spells.
* Beautiful 3D Environments: Battle through more than 100 diverse levels that come alive with brilliant 3D graphics, stunning lighting, dynamic visual effects and highly-detailed player characters and monsters.
* Organic Game Experience: Play in randomly generated environments and fight against unique monsters for a different experience every time you play.
* Items and Artefacts: Collect hundreds of items, usable gear and rare magical artefacts to aid in your battles.
* Character Customisation: Modify your hero for a completely customised look and ability set.
* Hordes of Monsters: Battle over 150 types of monsters with 50 unique models and textures.
* Challenging Boss Monster Battles: Engage in strategic combat with humongous bosses, each with their own distinctive combat techniques.
See the full Story via external site: biz.yahoo.com
Most recent stories in this category (World Specific Developments):
16/11/2016: Eve Online goes free to play