This story is from the category Legal
Date posted: 25/08/2009
A French security guard said Tuesday he had received a faceful of glass when the screen of his iPhone exploded, the second such reported incident in France.
Yassine Bouhadi, a 26-year-old supermarket watchman from the southeastern town of Villevieille, said he "was typing a text message, on Monday at around 3:00 pm, when the screen exploded."
Bouhadi, who says he was hit in the eye with a glass shard, said he was "very angry" and planned to consult a doctor and file suit for damages.
"I want an explanation about this damned telephone," said Bouhadi, who bought the hugely-popular smartphone device for 600 euros (850 dollars) three months ago and now wants his money back.
A French teenager suffered an eye injury in a similar iPhone incident earlier this month, a few weeks after a brouhaha in Britain over an exploding iPod music player owned by an 11-year-old girl.
A US television station also reported last month that an "alarming number" of iPods had burst into flames, although without causing serious injuries, a problem apparently caused by overheated lithium ion batteries.
See the full Story via external site: www.physorg.com
Most recent stories in this category (Legal):
01/05/2013: Cispa bill on cyber security passed by the US House