Site Shop > Powered Upper Limb Prostheses: Control, Implementation and Clinical Application
This is an edited book comprised of the works of specialists around the globe. It concentrates exclusively on myoelectrically powered upper limb prostheses ? those powered by utilising inherent electrical signals within the patient?s muscle, and as such, goes into all the detail you could ever ask for on these devices. With chapters including:
1. The Early History of Myoelectric Control of Prosthetic Limbs
2. The Origin and Nature of the Myoelectric Control
3. Signals and Signal Processing
4. Commericial Hardware for the Implementation of Myoelectric Control
5. Meeting the Clients: An Overview
6. Powered Upper Limb Prosthetic Practice in Pediatrics
7. Powered Upper Limb Prosthetics in Adults
9. Research and the Future of myoelectric Prosthetics
10. A bibliography on Myoelectric Control of Upper Limb Prostheses
You find a book that is a wealth of valuable, and often hard to acquire information. Written by people with obvious passion and heavily interlaced with illustrations, photographs, charts, and figures, the book appeals to surgeons, researchers, developers, even to the casual engineer. It is a veritable treasure trove of well laid out knowledge, and serves as a weighty reference volume as much as it does an educational read. In part, due to the sheer comprehensiveness of its coverage of the subject.
The reader is introduced to various facets of upper limb amputations and their clinical management in both children and adults. The authors from Canada, USA and Great Britain are well known practitioners, academics and researchers in the field. The book has over 130 illustrations and contains an extensive bibliography.
Reviews by our members. Become a member today, and submit a review!